Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The World in Words -- Springtime Walk

I came home today ecstatic that the sun was shining and the temperature was above forty degrees. I determined to take a walk. Gypsy, of course, took one look at the leash and almost wiggled out of her skin in excitement. I haven't taken her on a walk all winter, and though she often plays in our back yard, there is nothing that can replace a good walk, in her eyes. So we set out into our neighborhood together. She trotted next to me faithfully. Clouds of every shape and size floated in the sky against an azure backdrop, and they cast shadows that scuttled ahead of us on the street when the wind threw clouds in front of the sun. I'd left my jacket, and the tips of my fingers and nose grew chilly. Winter is reluctant to release the Earth from its grasp. There is no green yet, just brown. But there is no white, either. The birds still sing, confident of the coming season. They do not worry; why should I?

~Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment