Friday, May 29, 2015

The Writing Life in the Midst of Wedding Planning

Writing hasn't been going at all since I got engaged. However, I did manage to finish Alden's Story. I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out overall, but there is some issue with the age of Alden. He starts out coming across as a ten year old, and ends up like a seventeen year old. Amusing, to say the least. This most likely happened because my characters grow in my mind as I write them, so they come across as childish initially, then slowly grow as I write the draft. I find this very interesting, but it's only interesting to those who find that sort of authorly thing interesting, and just ruins the story for everyone else. Also the seasons went from end of summer to beginning of winter over the course of the story. I'm not sure if it's because I wrote it by hand in a notebook, and thus it took longer, or if it's something I naturally do.

At any rate. First draft done! Now to move on to illustrations.

~Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment